Someone asked me if Jesus would support the saving of one life for unusually high unemployment numbers for a temporary amount of time, after much thought, I don’t think He would. Jesus would understand the economy and how value is created and how millions of lives are depending upon the economy being open.
“We cannot let the Cure be worse than the Virus” is something that the President of the United States said, but on closer inspection….is that true? Does it affect something more than Government Expansion and the suspension of our rights?
On this episode I explore how millions of people are projected to die as a result of governments around the world shutting down as a response to the Wuhan Coronavirus. There are hundreds of thousands of more deaths of children that will result from the economies of the world being shut down, many many times more than are projected to be killed due to the plague.
The Executive director of the World Food Program, David Beasley, projects that if the governments of the world continue to shut down and shelter in place, as many as 300,000 people per day will die.
MAYDAY! Millions Will Die:
- If we don’t Open Up The Economy.
- Famine is a very real and dangerous problem many face around the world.
- 821 Million people go to bed hungry every day around the world.
- 135 Million people are facing crisis level crisis due to lack of food.
- An additional 130 million people will be pushed to the brink of starvation from the economic impact of the Coronavirus.
- 300,000 people a day could starve to death as a result in the wore case scenario. This affects over three dozen countries worldwide.
- Economic Recession causes loss of revenue.
- Overseas Remittances. People can’t send money to their families in poor countries if they can’t get money from work. Many of those people will die.
- Lack of Tourism. There are countries (like Egypt and Ethiopia) where that is one of their primary exports.
- Oil prices collapsing in countries where 98% of exports are from this. Local governments can’t work and thus people will die.
- Foreign Aid. If rich countries don’t have income to give to other poor countries…you guessed it…people will die.
- 1.8 Billion Children are out of school around the world and fail to get food.
Millions of people will starve to death due the governments of the world overreacting to the coronavirus Pandemic. More on this on my website. https://spencersims.com/coronavirus
If we talk about life and its value, how can we justify this type of devastation for something that 99.7% of people survive from? The cure will kill more people than this virus itself if we don’t open up our nation again.
Stay at home orders will kill more people than a vaccine or the virus. This disproportionately affects poor people and the marginalized and should be something that Christians take note.
I think Jesus does understand this. Do we? Or are we being misdirected?
Open Up America.